Some posts on The Crypto Adviser contain affiliate links. We link to these companies because of their quality. Whether or not you decide to use these links is completely up to you.
I couldn’t help but chuckle when I visited the Miner Mart crypto mining scam website because of the glaring misspelling of the company name which had become ‘Miner Mert’ on the page.
This is just one of many things that gives this website away as a scam and is a red flag that shouldn’t be ignored by anyone looking to invest in crypto.
The person who contacted me about this website didn’t seem put off by the error despite the fact that any company that misspells their own name is clearly not a legitimate one.
What is the Miner Mart crypto scam?
Miner Mart is a fake platform set up to present itself as a Bitcoin/crypto mining site which rents out mining equipment in the same way that legitimate companies do.
However, the equipment doesn’t exist and any funds that are sent to the platform are promptly stolen by the scammers.
The claimed returns on offer are huge, and clearly unrealistic – another reason why you should steer clear of this site.
Is Miner Mart legitimate or a scam?
Miner Mart is 100% a scam and there are many things that give the site away, aside from the incorrect name.
- A very new domain name, plus the registrant’s details have been deliberately hidden.
- Content that is mostly gibberish and scraped from other sites plus dozens of grammatical mistakes throughout.
- Heavily pixelated images that bear no relevance to the supposed nature of business.
- Fake financial licensing certificate.
- Missing content, such as a 404 error where a video should be.
- No official social media channels.
- Unrealistically high returns which are clearly unachievable.
These are just a few reasons why you should avoid this fraudulent crypto mining site. Remember to always do you own research before investing in anything.
I’ve lost money in the Miner Mart crypto scam, can I get it back?
This is a question I get asked a lot and the answer is always the same – it’s very difficult to secure the return of your funds.
However, that’s not to say it’s impossible. Check out the links below for steps you can take and also companies that specialise in recovering crypto lost to scams.
If you suspect a site is fake, get in touch.